We see different types of people in New York City, but have you ever touched by one of their beautiful smile ? Elderly women in particular, their warm smile, like a aura of peacefulness, calm you and also arouse your curiosity of their stories. This project will give you a warm and calm space with poetic setting of elderly women’s live portrait, bringing you closer to their real life when you walking around the installation. Meanwhile, the stories also show on your second screen device simultaneously. That stories of good or bad, you will revel by yourself while seeing and touching. Since we live in such a busy life, can we get some wisdom from someone growing old gracefully?
Clen up Idea:
· What are the first steps?
· Is it big enough to interest you for a whole semester?
· If it is enormous, what aspect of this core idea can you tackle? Is that a project in itself?
1Telling Stories by projectoring on different parts of the Clothes. (Project From out side)
2.Telling stories by using the screen as a fabric:(project from inside)
3. Use the bentable Screen as a fabric:
Here is the example of a website that I think organizes a large database of content in an effective way.
This week: acting as User Experience designer for a hypothetical client: Great Buildings Collection.
Here is the flow diagram for a revised site.
The target audience is someone who wants to keep a numeric record of something and have a physical reminder of their progress to display for themselves and others on their desk or workspace. The object should allow the user to easily record single increments of change (either counting forward toward a target or backwards from it).
- Rachel lives for vacation. She is going to Hawaii this year and can’t wait. She is leaving in 100 days and wants to count down toward her vacation. Rachel thinks having a constant reminder of her progress toward vacation will help her get through the tedium of her job.
A screen saver, which generates 100 bubbles at the beginning.
Touch one bubble each day till the last one disappear.
The background is Hawaii island with bubbles floating above.
How to count down:
use your finger tip to touch the bubble each day, thus see more of the Hawaii photo.
- John’s New Year’s resolution is to scale back on his coffee consumption. At the end of last semester he was drinking as many as 30 cups a week. Rather than going cold turkey, John wants to scale back. He is allowing himself 10 cups a week in 2013 and wants an easy way to keep track of his coffee consumption. He thinks displaying the weekly tally will help shame him into sticking to his resolution and force him to take it seriously.
interface:A monster waiting to eat the sweets by longer the string.
How to count :
untie a knot when the user drinks one cup of coffee, so that the string will getting longer till the monster eats the sweets.